If you have a valid driving license from your country.
First, prepare the following documents:
– Certificate of medical exam – you can do it in any clinic offering this kind of service. Exam is from 3 doctors: ophthalmologist, general doctor and psychologist. I did mine at Medikol for 475 kn. This exam will say for how long you can have a driving licence, maximum of 10 years.
– Translation of your original driving licence by a certified translator.
From Spanish it costed me 100 kn.
– Photo 30*35mm
– Your original driving licence valid for at least 6 months.
– Residence card
When you have these docs ready, go to the police station at Heinzlova 98 and make 2 payments:
– 70 kn in stamp : You can buy these stamps at the police station
– A fee for issuing a driving licence – 151 kn for normal procedure (3 weeks) or 200 kn for urgent (2 days) : You pay it at the post office located inside the police station
Then you go to the room 39 where they will check your docs and take away your original driving licence. They will send it back to your country.
Now you are ready to go to submit your papers in the main area hall. You print a ticket in a kiosk (I don’t remember the name of the procedure you have to select there) and wait for your turn. Once you’ve submitted your docs, they will tell when you can come back to pick up your new Croatian licence.
After 2 days or 3 weeks (depending on what you’ve chosen) you come back to Heinzlova 98, take a number in kiosk and pick up your new Croatian driving licence.
P.S. The police station can be very crowded, be prepared to spend couple of hours there. Summer is the best time to go there – very few people.
People who work there do not speak English. Going with a croatian speaking friend is highly recommended.
The experience is shared by
Asking questions are truly good thing if you are not understanding anything fully, however this article offers nice understanding even.
Just a question. I am a hungrian citizen but
Have a valid canadian driver’s licence. Can i go to croatia and trade it for a croatian licence?
Yes, this article is written based on a personal experience of the writer who is an expat herself at the time of writing the article.
I have Pakistani driving lecnce that will change in Croatia.i have residence permit.
I ask question, my license they send in the Philippines, now i need to get in to post office, the requirements is tracking number,. Where can i get the tracking number?
Hi, I am a Dutch, Netherlands citizen, but I have Indian driving license fully in English, Can I exchange that in Croatia if I become a resident over there.
My home country is now The Netherlands, so, am not sure if my DL from another country (India) can be exchanged in Croatia or not.
Can someone clarify that, please ?